Ev"s New (to hime) House

Saturday, October 14, 2006

The office...

What more does a good blogger need then a nice cool office space with a little fridge full of drinks nearby? The chair rolls quite nicely on the concrete too. Creaky floor boards above also allow me to monitor the rest of the house quite nicely.














Managed to get the drain from the tub straightened out this morning, it had gotten knocked out of center a bit when we moved it in last weekend. Still no water though, it was nice enough today that I thought I'd better make some progress on the outside. Made a trip to Menards and got some vinyl siding and foam sheeting to give us a bit more insulation from the cold winter winds of Iowa, got some of the sheeting done before it got too dark. Hopefully more progress on that tomorrow.

So how was Nan able to soak in the tub tonite without running hot water to it? Eavestrough, of course. Hey, its better than hauling buckets four whole feet :-)















And yes, I know I'm lucky that Nan hasnt strung me up yet for all this crazyness she's been putting up with.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

O.K. MacGyver you are officially the worlds best hubby. When are you coming to my house to take care of me?

Anonymous said...

Well it's better than drinking out of the toilet!

Anonymous said...

You would fit right in with us hillbillys... down south. That is the closest thing to running water, that we get down here.